Sunday, January 18, 2009

Some Past Work

Hello Everyone!

I know I haven't posted for a while, but working on the house has to come first. I'm going to do my best to set aside at least an hour or two a day to paint.

I'm a little leery of getting started though. Since starting this hobby, shadowing and highlighting have caused me problems. Switching to 28mm is going to force me to work on these two techniques and I'm not sure how it will work out. When painting 15mm figures I didn't really do a lot of this.

With this in mind, let me show you some of my past work. All of the minis are 15mm Old Glory and Battle Honours. Also, I'm still learning to get pictures of my minis with the digital camera, so bear with me - the quality isn't the best.

These minis are the only exception to the above statement.

If you look close you'll see a small white thing sitting on the stand. That's a grain of rice.

The minis are 2mm Russian Musketeers. For the life of me I can't remember who made them.

This is my favorite mini.











I don't think he needs an introduction!!

Vive l'Empereur!!

These are some Russian samples I tried out.

The one on the left is from OG and the one on the right is from MiniFigs.

Next are some of my French.

"Good line infantry is, without doubt, the sinew of an army." - Napoleon

French Command with members of Fusilier company No.1 , OG miniatures.






French Voltigeur company, OG miniatures.









French Grenadier company, OG miniatures.









French Fusilier company No.2, OG miniatures.









French Drummers, OG miniatures.









Okay, here is one of my idiosyncrasies when it comes to building wargaming units.

I like to have the musicians on separate stands. I saw this done with another persons minis and liked the effect. I don't count the stand as one of the unit stands. It is there as eye-candy only.

I'm not sure if I'll do this with the 28mm units or not, but I still think they're cool.

Here's the whole battalion.

Now you can see how the drummers are positioned.

Not counting the drummers there are six stands total for this battalion.

Here are some of my Waterloo period British.

"Scum. Nothing but beggars and scoundrels, all of them. Gin is the spirit of their patriotism." - Duke of Wellington

Command stand; Standards; and Drummers, BH miniatures.

Again, I did these drummers just like the French ones.

Sergeant with Center company trooper and the Standards again, BH miniatures.






A couple of the Center company stands, BH miniatures.









Elite companies, Light company on the left and Grenadier company on the right, BH miniatures.




Here's the whole battalion.

Just as with the French you can see how the drummers are positioned. Not counting them there are 10 stands total for this battalion.

Thought I'd toss in this picture for fun.

Not only can you see some of my Brits in action, but they are defending a cottage I built.

I really like scale buildings as well!

Well, I guess that's enough for now. Let me leave you with a couple of parting shots.

"Are you ready...












...to rumble?!?!












Till next time...

Cheers!
Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment